Saturday, June 14, 2008

Lost: 1 mind

Apparently, I forgot to register for the mermaid triathlon that I was planning to do this morning.

Apparently, I assumed, since I wrote it down on my calendar, and have been discussing it with my coworker for a couple of months now, and even rearranged my Saturday plans to accomodate this triathlon that I had actually registered for it.

Apparently, I am an idiot.

Thankfully I am not so much of an idiot to make a big fuss at the registration table last night when I went to pick up my race number, and they couldn't find my name. I just smiled, and said "oh really?" Then went home and checked my electronic receipts, and whaddya know. I really didn't register.

I guess it's okay. I didn't like the tshirts this year anyway.

3 comments:

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

bummer! I always worry about stuff like that. we raced the duathlon this morning. I remember you telling me how cool mermaid was. it was definitely fun.

Unknown said...

LOL. So you didn't do it? Sarah went to watch another friend, and I told her to watch for you, but she didn't see you...I was bummed you missed each other. But I guess there was a more interesting story ;)

Jackie said...

O.K., time for a new entry - what's happening? I miss you!