Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Wheeeee-it's spring!

Do you know about the San Francisco Bay Trail? Geez, I wish someone had told me sooner, I would have saved myself a lot of boring bike rides through Hellyer Park. I was tired from Russian Ridge yesterday, and I wanted an easy ride ie...no hills, so I ended up in Foster City cruising on the Rockhopper. I got on this path by the water and just kept going and going.







I *heart* Foster City. I'm already planning my retirement there, in a condo by the water with my little red kayak (that I don't have yet, but I'm hopeful that one year for my birthday someone will surprise me), and my pink cruiser (I already have that) with a huge basket (still need that) and Brian (check) and the cats (check, check, check.)






The first part of the ride by the slough was kind of muddy and stinky. This dude and I stared at each other for awhile before I moved on.






The second part of the ride was better.





Purple flowers are cheerful.





I was cruising along happy, when bam. No bikes?!?! I had to turn around. I think it's kind of lame that the trail ends so suddenly. There's probably a way around it so you can keep going, but I didn't have a city map, so I just headed back the way I came.


If I had known about the San Francisco Bay Trail before I got to Foster City, I might have planned a longer ride, but it's always nice to save something for next time.


And oh yeah, the other reason I *heart* Foster City.

1 comment:

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

I remember your first trip to shells. how fun was that? you've come a long way, baby!