Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Preparing for Sea Otter

Which bike to bring:

Him: "I'm bringing all my bikes."
Me: "I want to bring all my bikes too."
Him: "No"
Me: "Why not!?"
Him: "Because I only have three and you have six."
Me: "Oh. Then I guess I'll just bring my juliana."
Him: "Bring the Nomad too."
Me: "Why? I'm not doing downhill stuff."
Him: "In case I want to ride it."

Advanced sea otter math skills:

How to fit two people, 5 bikes, at least 4 bags of clothes (and everything else from the apartment except the cats and the kitchen sink), a tool kit, and several bags of groceries in one small hotel room.

On packing the essentials:

I spent a half hour this morning trying to figure out which knitting to bring. Clothes and stuff I'll throw in a bag on Wednesday morning right before we leave, and spend the rest of the week wondering why I only brought a pair of shorts, a down jacket, and mismatched socks.

Training for my cross country mountain bike race on Friday:

I'll probably go for a run.

Yeah, I guess I'm ready.

No comments: